Friday, May 9, 2014

Nail Design: Polka Dots w/White Waves



Polka Dots and White Waves
By:Crystal Lobato

Hey there,

So last night I created one of my many nail designs for the summer and I am here to share it with you! I love doing different nail designs. I am a student constantly writing things down and looking at my hands, so when there is a chip on my polished nail or a crack I immediately know it's there and have to fix it.

Before, I used to consistently go get my nails done...you know go to the salon and let someone else takeover the beautifying in my life. Well needless to say I got tired of spending so much money on something I could do myself. I'm glad that I switched. I set aside about 15 to 20 minutes every one or two weeks (depending on how well the polish holds up) to create a new design. I love to create new things so by designing my nails it gave me an outlet and stress relief from my mentally challenging life of crunching numbers and problem solving.

Well here we go!


  1. Clean your nails off with cotton and some nail polish remover. Polish remover with acetone work best. If you have fake nails on though don't use acetone. It will dissolve the nail. 
  2. Put on the first coat of pink. I used Sinful Colors Nail polish. Then let dry and Put on a second coat to ensure a full consistent color on the nail. 
  3. Focus on one hand at a time. 

  4. So by using the dotter tool I began making dots from the top left of the nail (looking at my hand palm down away from my body) and created a swirl from corner to corner. 
  5. Fill in half of the nail with larger and medium sized dots. Let them dry.
  6. Next use a striper polish like Stripe Rite in white made by Its So Easy (you can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply) to create the wavy curved lines. 
  7. Follow the wavy line you created with the dots. 
  8. What I love about Srltripe Rite is that if you make a mistake you can use a drop of water to rub it off. It took me awhile to make the lines the way I liked them. So never fear messing up...just rub it away and begin again!
  9. When all is done...use an expensive too coat to seal your design. Don't forget this step or you will find yourself washing dishes and your design and hard work has disappeared.  

  10. Switch to your other hand and repeat. My right hand never looks as good as my left (because I'm right handed) but it's all good. Enjoy. Let me know how it turns out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment