Thursday, May 15, 2014

Nail Design: Fun and Bold

Hey all,
So yesterday my Mother-in-law surprised me with about 6 different colors of nail polishes (She knows I love to do my own nails). It was such an excellent surprise and just in time to change up my nail design. I ended up having some extra time before work today and contemplated on the design I was going to use. No lie I redid them like 3 times. I wanted to use every color haha but only ended up using 4. White, pink, turquoise,  and a beautiful, darkish purple wine color. Anywho below is the tutorial for this design. Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on Google+ so you don't miss any new designs.

P.S I totally ruined my nail design when I got to work trying to unload boxes haha so you should be seeing a new design in the very near future :)



  1. Begin by cleaning your previous nail polish off your nails. Use some cotton balls and some nail polish remover with Acetone for natural nails and polish remover without Acetone for artificial nails. Trust me on this. 
  2. Begin with the base color. For this design I used a white polish and put on two coats. Let your nail completely dry before applying the second coat of polish. This will ensure a smooth surface without rigid lines and bumps. 
  3. Pick your first fun color for the dots portion, I used pink and turquoise for my two colors and chose to start with the pink polish first. I placed a small drop of polish on a piece of paper and used my dotter tool to somewhat align my curved design from one corner to the opposite in diagonal, corner of the nail. I repeated this for each nail on my left hand( I'm right handed so my left hand is usually my most comfortable place to start). Make sure to space out the dots. Leave extra space in random places for the second fun dot color. 
  4. Repeat the above steps with the second dot color. You should now have a beautiful design. I actually almost stopped here but quickly realized I could't handle having all that white space so I continued on. 
  5. I used the darkish-purple wine color to make a swoop curve in the empty space for a bold design. I began the swoop with the corner closest to me and slowly created the curve out towards the end of the nail. 
  6. Great job on your design. Don't forget to add a strong top coat to your nails ensuring a longer  "design life" and clean off any excess polish from your hands with some polish remover and a Q-tip.
  7. Thanks for reading and enjoy your amazing work.
Until Next Time,
CL <3

No comments:

Post a Comment